Used Handicap Van Financing Options
At Van Products, we know how important the decision-making process is when purchasing a vehicle. This decision is even more important when buying a used handicap van. Besides picking out a color, there are handicap conversion features to consider, and the costs can add up quickly. However, you shouldn’t have to sacrifice your mobility needs or safety when purchasing a used wheelchair van. This is why we offer used handicap van financing options.
Speak with one of our mobility specialists today to find out more about the kinds of financing options we have available as well as other types of wheelchair accessible vehicle financing that you may qualify for. Call us toll-free at: (800) 209-6133 or locally at (919) 238-4597.
5 Places to Obtain a Loan to Purchase a Used Handicap Van
While purchasing a used handicap van may not be nearly as expensive as purchasing a new handicap van, Van Products is sensitive to the fact that everyone’s financial standings may be different. Our mobility specialists are more than happy to work with you and your family to educate you about the different disability loans available.
The following are 5 resources for obtaining auto loans for used wheelchair van financing:
- Your Local Bank – Often, local banking institutions will offer some sort of special financing for buying handicap accessible vehicles.
- Bureau of Worker’s Compensation – The Bureau of Worker’s Compensation has a reimbursement program for handicap vehicles.
- Medicare/Medicaid - Medicare/Medicaid sometimes offers disability loans depending on the situation and if there are children involved.
- Military Assistance - There are various programs, such as Wounded Warrior Project, which offer financial assistance to wounded military veterans.
- American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) - AAPD is widely acknowledged as the country’s largest cross-disability membership organization, with nearly 100,000 members. It offers two special loan programs to accommodate people with disabilities.
Other Helpful Resources for Funding Used Wheelchair Vans
Besides the above resources, the following are some other helpful resources for obtaining funding for used wheelchair vans:
- Your Local Veterans Association (VA) Office – If you are a former military officer, you may find useful information on disability loans from your local VA office.
- Mobility Rebate Programs – You can check to see what mobility rebate programs are available. Mobility rebate programs offer rebates on some handicap modifications, usually not to exceed $1,000.
- Vocational Rehabilitation Programs by State - Each state has mobility lending programs that provide funding to individuals who have a disability. This is especially useful if you do not qualify for a VA loan.
For more information about used handicap van financing options, contact us toll-free at: (800) 209-6133 or locally at (919) 238-4597.