Orthopedic Services | http://www.orthopedicservice.com/
- Home of one of the largest medical equipment showrooms in the Southeast, Orthopedic Service Company offers an impressive inventory of products, from wheelchairs and lift systems to orthopedic supplies, home modifications, and everything in between.
Van Products | http://www.vanproducts.com/
- Van Products is a leading supplier of new and used wheelchair vans, mobility accessories, wheelchair van rentals, and other mobility products. With two showrooms in North Carolina, Van Products brings freedom of mobility to physically challenged persons throughout the United States.
American Disabilities Act (ADA)| http://www.ada.gov/
- Information and technical assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act
Association for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists (ADED) | http://www.aded.net/
- The Association for Driver Rehabilitation Specialists was established in 1977 to support professionals working in the field of driver education / driver training and transportation equipment modifications for persons with disabilities through education and information dissemination.
Family Network on Disabilities (FND) | http://fndusa.org/
- FND is a grassroots organization for persons with disabilities and their families that is family-centered and family-driven.
Center for Parent Information and Resources (CPIR) | http://www.parentcenterhub.org/
- The Center for Parent Information and Resources is a new source for information and resources to support families of children who have disabilities.
National Multiple Sclerosis Society | http://www.nationalmssociety.org/
- The National MS Society helps people address the challenges of living with MS through a 50-state network of chapters. The Society helps people affected by MS by funding cutting-edge research, driving change through advocacy, facilitating professional education, and providing programs and services that help people with MS and their families move their lives forward.
National Spinal Cord Injury Association | http://www.spinalcord.org/
- Founded in 1946, the United Spinal Association is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life of all people living with spinal cord injuries and disorders (SCI/D), including veterans, and providing support and information to loved ones, care providers and professionals.
Spina Bifida Association (SB) | http://www.spinabifidaassociation.org/
- The Spina Bifida Association (SBA) serves adults and children who live with the challenges of Spina Bifida. Since 1973, SBA has been the only national voluntary health agency solely dedicated to enhancing the lives of those with Spina Bifida and those whose lives are touched by this challenging birth defect. Its tools are education, advocacy, research, and service.
Disabled American Veterans (DAV) | http://www.dav.org/
- DAV is the one of the oldest veterans advocacy and assistance groups in the United States, empowering veterans to lead high-quality lives with respect and dignity. DAV accomplishes this by ensuring that veterans and their families can access the full range of benefits available to them.
Disabled Veterans National Foundation (DVNF) | http://www.dvnf.org/
- The DVNF exists to provide critically needed support to disabled and at-risk veterans who leave the military wounded—physically or psychologically—after defending our safety and our freedom.
Information for Veterans with Disabilities | http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Information-for-Veterans-with-Disabilities
- IRS federal tax-related information for veterans about tax credits and benefits, free tax preparation, and asset-building opportunities
The Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA) | http://www.pva.org
- For more than 68 years, Paralyzed Veterans of America has been on a mission to change lives and build brighter futures for our seriously injured heroes—to empower these brave men and women with what they need to achieve the things they fought for: freedom and independence.
US Department of Veterans Affairs | http://www.va.gov/
- The US Department of Veterans Affairs serves veterans and their families by providing health care, education and vocational assistance, home loans, burial services, and other information/services.
Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VR) | http://www.ncdhhs.gov/dvrs/
- The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Services provides counseling, training, education, transportation, job placement, assistive technology and other support services to people with physical, psychiatric or intellectual disabilities and to individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing or have other communicative disorders to assist them with living independently and with finding a job.
South Carolina Vocational Rehabilitation Department | http://www.scvrd.net/
- The South Carolina Vocational Rehabilitation Department provides an individualized array of services to help people with disabilities find employment.
Cerebral Palsy Source | http://www.cerebralpalsysource.com/
- Information, support groups, family events, and services for the disability community
United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) | http://ucp.org/
- UCP and its nearly 80+ affiliates have a mission to advance the independence, productivity and full citizenship of people with a broad range of disabilities by providing services and support to more than 176,000 children and adults every day.
ALS Association of North Carolina | http://webnc.alsa.org/
- The Jim “Catfish” Hunter Chapter focuses primarily on helping local patients and families live with ALS while the National Office focuses primarily on research and advocacy. In 2000, the Chapter expanded its services to include South Carolina and became know as the Carolinas’ Chapter.
ALS Association of South Carolina | http://websc.alsa.org/
- The South Carolina Chapter was founded in February 2006 to serve the needs of those living with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and their caregivers.
Senior Advisor | http://ww.senioradvisor.com/ind/assisted-living
- Senior Advisor equips families with the best information available to help them make confident choices about senior care and services. Its website provides easy access to the information families need when making a senior living decision, and it features trusted reviews and advice from local residents and their loved ones.
Contact us toll-free at: (800) 800-209-6133 or locally at (919) 238-4597 for additional information on any of these resources or for questions about any of our mobilit products/services.